Theo PeplerHome | Research | Teaching | Software | Links | HOWTO's
- Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS)
- British Classification Society (BCS)
- Foundation for Open Access Statistics (FOAS)
- International Biometric Society (IBS)
- International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS)
- Royal Statistical Society (RSS)
- South African Statistical Association (SASA)
- Statistical Science Web. A Statistics portal based in Australia, with teaching and research resources, job lists, and a large directory of contact details, mailing lists, etc.
- UCI Machine Learning Repository. Repository with many data sets, hosted by the University of California, Irvine.
- IFCS Cluster Benchmark Data Repository. A number of high quality, well documented data sets for performance benchmarking of cluster analysis methods.
- Points of Significance: Statistics for Biologists. A basic introduction to key statistical concepts for researchers in Biology, provided by Nature Methods.
- GNU. The GNU/Linux operating system, respecting your freedom.
- UNIX tutorial. Introduction to basic UNIX/Linux commands for beginner users.
- R-project. Free and open-source software for statistical computing.
- RStudio. Integrated development environment (IDE) for R, for improved productivity.
- Quick-R. Instructions on using R to perform various statistical procedures, written in an easily accessible style.
- R Markdown basics. Basic commands to get started with R Markdown in RStudio.
- LaTeX wikibook. Online guide for using the LaTeX markup language to typeset documents.
BOOKS FREELY AVAILABLE ONLINE
- Common Principal Components and Related Multivariate Models (1988)
- Principal Component Analysis (2002)
Ian T. Jolliffe
- Practical Statistics for Medical Research (1991)
Douglas G. Altman
- An Introduction to Multivariate Statistical Analysis (1984)
T. W. Anderson
- The Elements of Statistical Learning (2009)
Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani and Jerome Friedman
- Computer Age Statistical Inference (2016)
Bradley Efron and Trevor Hastie
- Multivariate Analysis of Ecological Data (2013)
Michael Greenacre and Raul Primicerio
- Biplots in Practice (2010)
- The Linux Command Line (3rd Internet edition, 2016)
- The Art of R Programming: A Tour of Statistical Software Design (2011)
- Efficient R Programming (2017)
Colin Gillespie, Robin Lovelace
- A (Not So) Short Introduction to LaTeX 2e (2014)
Tobias Oetiker, Hubert Partl, Irene Hyna and Elisabeth Schlegl
- Pro Git: Everything You Need to Know About Git (2014)
Scott Chacon and Ben Straub